Namibian Chimichurri Steak
During a braai excursion to our neighbouring country, Namibia, we spent a night at Op My Stoep Lodge in Oranjemund. The owner, Fanie is originally from Argentina and gave me his chimichurri sauce recipe after my very nice meal. According to him, this sauce gets better with a day or two in the fridge for the flavours to marry properly, and this is true. But truth be told, I have never waited that long.
WHAT YOU NEED
rump steak for 4 people
salt and pepper
FOR THE SAUCE
4 long red chillies (deseeded and chopped)
4 long green chillies (deseeded and chopped)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
½ tot dried oregano
½ tot course salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tot white wine vinegar
2 tots olive oil
½ cup flat leaf parsley
WHAT TO DO
Reblogged 1 month ago from braai.com
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and place in a food processor or blender. Blend until everything is smooth and has a good, even consistency. In theory, you should put the sauce in a closed container and let it rest in a fridge for at least 2 days. In reality, you might consume it on the same day.
- Light a massive wood fire and season the rump steak with salt and pepper on both sides just before the braai.
- Braai over very hot coals for about 8 minutes in total until medium rare.
- Let the steak rest for a few minutes then cut into strips, hitting the steak with the knife blade at a 45° angle.
- Drizzle the chimichurri sauce over the steak strips and serve.
Share and Enjoy